The first session of JEE Main 2023 is scheduled to begin tomorrow, January 24. The Engineering (paper 1, BE/BTech) exam will be conducted on January 24, 25, 29, 30, 31 and February 1, in two shifts on all exam days. The Architecture and Planning paper (paper 2) will take place on January 28, in one shift. National Testing Agency (NTA) has issued admit cards of JEE Mains January exam on jeemain.nta.nic.in. In addition to details like date and time of exam, exam centre information and roll number, JEE Main admit card contains several important instructions for students. They must read these guidelines carefully and follow it on the exam day.
Here are ten points on JEE Main 2023 dress code and other exam day instructions:
- Wear slippers or sandals with low heels. Avoid closed footwear, including shoes.
- Wear light cloths with half sleeves (T shirt, etc). Long sleeves are not allowed. Avoid garments with large buttons. If you wear a specific attire for religious or customary reasons, reach the exam venue early to undergo mandatory frisking.
- Take printout of your JEE Main admit card in colour and on an A4 size paper. Make sure all details, including your photo and signature are clear. Take printout of all the pages. Bring photo ID, photograph, etc as mentioned on the admit card for verification.
- Handbags, mobile phones, any form of communication/electronic devices, etc are not allowed inside exam centres.
- While some test centres might have storage spaces for personal belongings, it is in the best interest of candidates to make their own arrangements.
- Do not wear caps, dupatta, sunglasses etc to the exam venue. Metalic objects, including watches are strictly prohibited. The exam console will show a clock/timer so that candidates can keep track.
- Exam-related items allowed inside exam hall are: JEE Main admit card (with self-declaration form, if available), photo ID proof, copy of the same photo use in the application form (to be pasted on attendance sheet), PwD certificate and scribe document (if applicable). Pen, scribble pad will be provided to candidates.
- Personal belongings allowed in exam hall include water, hand sanitiser etc. Diabetic candidates can bring edibles as specified on the admit card guidelines.
- On JEE Main admit card, the reporting time is mentioned. Candidates should ensure that they reach the exam venue by this time. Once the exam centre gate is closed, no candidate, under any circumstances, will be permitted to enter.
- The printed copy of your JEE Main admit card and all scribble pages must be dropped in the place provided before leaving the exam hall. Write your name, roll number etc on scribble pages as instructed by invigilators. Do not bring these pages with you as it may result in disqualification.